Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Little Mermaid



I've been asked before what my fascination with Disney is and most importantly "The Little Mermaid".
It's kind of complicated for me to answer, but in a nutshell here it is: I was an only child for 7 years and I was not exactly the outdoorsy type, I liked being alone in my room and would spend days & nights either watching Disney movies or drawing (some people didn't even know my mom had a daughter..lol). When I first saw The Little Mermaid, I very much believed I was just like her, where I just wanted explore the ideas in my head and on paper, and of course I also loved reenacting the whole splash out of the water scene in my bathtub... and about a few times after my mom caught on to me I was in major trouble, so that really had to stop. Whats pretty amazing is that my mom really encouraged my creativeness, she would let me walk door to door to sell my Ariel posters for a quarter each (I cant believe I did that), I really think some adults either fell sorry for me or just purchased some to be supportive, but needless to say I knew this could be my future. Both Illustrating and Disney have a huge history with me and I enjoy both dearly!...to this day I still doodle some images of her like the one above, just to remind myself of my childhood and why I do what I do. I may be an adult now but I'll always be a kid at heart too!

I found this dress on Pinterest, and I'm making it a mission to make it happen ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment