Monday, March 19, 2012

Illustration- Evolution of Practice and Technique

When you find something you love to do, you work at it day in and day out and it never gets old, you want to always do your best and evolve at your skill, and with time things definitely change and your skills fastly grow. When I was fresh out of school I was really into watercolor, it was time consuming, yet rewarding and calming. As soon as I started working in the Industry I partnered with a Designer to illustrate all his ideas & it was definitely fast paced and things went from watercolor to tech pens and paper, for quick sketches and jotting down ideas. When I started working in Tech Design, I was thrown into a heavily computer based job where I worked in Illustrator and Photoshop, so that influenced me to start sketching with a Wacom tablet and pen tool (I hated it at first...ha!), but because it was unfamiliar I started off by tracing in black and white, adding gradients and as I got comfortable, then moved up to color and patterns once I felt more confident. It took years and years of practice and different techniques to see my skills progress, its still definitely a skill that continues to evolve every day, and I definitely still enjoy!

WATERCOLOR





TECH PENS





 ILLUSTRATOR- B&W





ILLUSTRATOR- COLOR


   

No comments:

Post a Comment