Monday, March 5, 2012

Mom's Style - Timeless!



Ever go thru old family pictures and wonder what people where thinking back then?, The same can be said about old fashion magazines and fashion trends. It is said that every 20 years trends re-appear with newly updated details,I agree to this especially when I walk into forever 21, it always raining 60's, 70's and 80's in there ha!. Looking thru my mom's old photos I realized that sometimes its not necessary to wait 20 years to recycle a look, for example my mom's photo above, a  strappy simple and sexy summer dress (wearing it to go on a date with dad ), can be updated by simply changing the fabric or maybe even adding a print! (and dont forget accessories). Above I posted a couple of ways this can go: Stripes- because who doesn't love a great simple black and white striped dress, a nautical look always makes a comeback during spring/summer. Printed- because these can show off youre personal style; a floral, polka dot, and leopard prints are always fun and flirty.  Last but not least Sheer- layers of the same tone with a matching colored bodice, can be very beautiful for spring. For some reason I think its time to turn on the sewing machine!


My gorgeous Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment