Thursday, March 1, 2012

From School to Fashion Week



After receiving my Bachelor's Degree I had the opportunity to work with a LA based designer and It was an amazing experience. It is very different going from doing school work and working on a portfolio to engaging in the real thing!. When I decided to go to school for Fashion Design I often dreamt that my dream job would be day long adventures of me just illustrating, and here was that opportunity!. He asked me to help him develop ideas for Fashion Week! (what a treat!). It is a long process to making an idea reality, we must have gone thru hundreds of sketches, some I posted bellow as well as actual designs that made the show. When it comes to designing one can come up with elaborate ideas, but the hard part is manipulating those ideas to reality (I found that out the hard way, after spending countless hours trying to figure out the sewing machines at school, what a mess!). At the end of the day, I have some great memories and illustrations that I carry in my portfolio from that experience. I will most likely post many things from my portfolio as things progress here.

No comments:

Post a Comment